Monday, March 29, 2010

Speaking of Iron Chef...

Finals and quarter one are over.  Flew right by.  Now I'm on spring break and it's right back to the grind.  I asked one of my professors for assistance in getting some experience in the kitchen.  He really came through for me and gave me the contact info for one of the chef's at Tinto.  I gave the chef a call and he invited me in for a trail tomorrow (yes, trail. Not trial.)  From what I know, I could be doing anything from following another chef around all night, to cutting, or cleaning or pretty much whatever they want.

Never having been to this Garces restaurant, I went for brunch on Sunday.  Everything was outstanding and I'm not just saying that.  The tortilla espanola was my favorite.  We each ordered something different so I was able to try a few of the dishes.  I asked our server if the chef I was supposed to meet was working and if I could introduce myself if he had a moment.  He did and luckily, it eased some of my nervousness.  Of course not all of it, but now my excitement is definitely outweighing my anxiety.

I spent this evening working on my knife cuts and reviewing their menu.  I know this is a great opportunity at a great restaurant and I am really hoping this could be the start of something new.

Here goes nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment