Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A new leaf.

If someone would have told me a while back that the stresses of my day would all go away as soon as I stepped into my classroom I would have thought they were absolutely insane.  I've never been one to look forward to class, to study hard for tests, to speak up, etc etc.  Now I am sitting in my room, about to study while my roommates are laughing at one of my favorite shows.  I've always been an average student; straight Cs.  The other night some of my classmates were joking around about how they wouldn't mind if they got their quiz grades next year as opposed to me who wanted it five minutes after I handed it in.  (85 and 81, by the way.  Not the greatest, but a good stepping stone.  Go positive attitude!)  They said I seem like the girl who strives to be in the top of the class, who would kill someone to get to be the best (I wouldn't say I'd go that far.)  My roommate asked me if I was like Hermoine when the teacher asks a question - Harry Potter reference, always the first one with her hand up.

It's weird being the smart kid.  And I like it.



A fellow student waiting for class to start.  
I snuck this photo in case you were interested in seeing 
what the classroom looks like.  Behind the metal tables are
a row of stoves.  Behind the whiteboards are all the sinks.
To the left and right are the refrigerators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment