Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day

Like I said.

So I didn't end up going to the casting call. I figured with my nerves I'd be better off sending in a video.  That way, I could give a better idea of who I am as opposed to being all bitter for standing in line for hours (which I did enough of this weekend, thanks Flugtag) and give a poor 30 second interview.  And let's be honest... I couldn't choose two photos I felt best represented myself.  So my video will be made and hopefully will get me to the top.  I'll post it on here when I'm finished.

School is coming to an end for the quarter and I'll be happy to have some time off.  Charcuterie and Intro to Pastry are scheduled for the fall quarter.  Currently I am working on my final project which will somewhat act as a stepping stone to the business I hope to start.  We have to build a catering company more or less.  From menu design to demographics, the only thing not covered is pricing and the address of my kitchen. I'm pretty happy with what I have so far. My 4 course, 3 option table d'hote menu is all based on Italian cuisine with the menu written in Italian to boot.  (Ciao tutti.)  Last week we made eclairs and puff pastries and I got to enjoy this guy to the lower right: chocolate mousse eclair with raspberries and shaved white chocolate. The last two weeks of Baking class we will be doing cake production and decorating.

I'm trying to enjoy the time I have left in school since it is flying by.  I've made some friends and met a lot of mentors.  My roommate told me to enjoy it when I started in January because it flies by.  She was right.  I need to keep my head on straight and focus on the positive and keep moving forward.  Good things are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment